Openings as of 2/17/2018Student Support Services
Come work for one of Iowa's top workplaces! Grant Wood AEA is accepting applications for School Social Worker 2018-19 school year. Requires:
1. Master’s degree in social work.
2. Iowa license with school social work endorsement or Dept. of Public Health license with Dept. of Education Statement
of Professional Recognition.
Grant Wood AEA offers competitive salary and benefits, a positive work environment, and is committed to collaborative relationships, professional development and customer service.
1. Function as a liaison between schools, families, and community to assist in the areas of child protection, homeless, and mental health.
2. Provide developmentally appropriate mental health services (focused on individuals with IEPs), including behavioral coaching, classroom and school-wide social-emotional learning programs.
3. Support school crisis teams, use data based decision-making methods, and problem-solving strategies. Provide response and recovery to students/building/district crisis through consultation, collaboration, and direct services.