Open Positions for Teach Iowa
Openings as of 2/17/2018
Search Job Postings
Elementary School Teaching
High School Teaching
Middle School Teaching
Student Support Services
-- Any District --
Adel DeSoto Minburn CSD
Akron Westfield CSD
Ames Community School District
Ankeny Community School District
Archdiocese of Dubuque Educational System
Belle Plaine CSD
Bellevue Comm School District
Bettendorf Community School District
Bishop Heelan Catholic Schools
Boone Community School District
Burlington Community School District
Carroll Community School District
Cedar Falls CSD
Cedar Rapids Community School District
Cedar Vally Catholic School System
Center Point-Urbana CSD
Central City CSD
Central Decatur CSD
Central DeWitt School District
Central Lyon CSD
Central Rivers Area Education Agency
Charles City CSD
Clay Central-Everly CSD
Clayton Ridge CSD
Clear Creek Amana CSD
Clear Lake Community School District
College Community School District
Coon Rapids-Bayard CSD
Council Bluffs Community School District
Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District
Davenport Community Schools
Davis County CSD
Des Moines Public Schools
Dike-New Hartford CSD
Diocese of Davenport
Diocese of Des Moines
Diocese of Sioux City
Dowling Catholic High School
Dubuque Community Schools
Eagle Grove CSD
East Marshall CSD
East Sac County Schools
East Union CSD
Eastern Allamakee CSD
Eddyville-Blakesburg- Fremont CSD
Eldora-New Providence CSD
English Valleys CSD
Fairfield Community Schools
Forest City CSD
Fort Dodge CSD
Fort Madison CSD
Gehlen Catholic Schools
Gilbert Community School District
Gilmore City-Bradgate CSD
Grand View University
Grant Wood AEA
Great Prairie AEA
Green Hills AEA
Greene County Schools
Grundy Center CSD
Indianola Community School District
Interstate 35 CSD
Iowa City Community School District
Iowa Connections Academy
Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Iowa Falls Community School District
Iowa Mennonite School
Iowa School for the Deaf
Iowa State University
Iowa Western Community College
Isaac Newton Christian Academy
ISU Child Development Laboratory School
Johnston Community School District
Kirkwood Community College
Kuemper Catholic School
Lake Mills CSD
LeMars Community Schools
Lewis Central CSD
Linn-Mar Community School District
Lone Tree CSD
Maple Valley-Anthon Oto CSD
Maquoketa Valley CSD
Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn Comm School District
Marshalltown Head Start Program
Martensdale-St Marys CSD
Mason City Community School District
MFL MarMac CSD
Mississippi Bend AEA
Mount Pleasant CSD
Mount Vernon CSD
NEICAC - Head Start
Nevada School District
New Hampton CSD
Nodaway Valley CSD
North Cedar CSD
North Fayette CSD
North Iowa CSD
North Linn CSD
North Mahaska CSD
North Polk IA
North Scott CSD
North Tama County CSD
North Union CSD
Norwalk Community School District
Ogden Community Schools
Oskaloosa Christian School
Ottumwa Community School District
Panorama Community Schools
Pella Christian High School
Pella Community School District
Perry Community School District
Pleasant Valley CSD
Pocahontas Area CSD
Prairie Lakes AEA
Prairie Valley CSD
Red Oak CSD
Regina Catholic Education Center
River Valley CSD
Rock Valley CSD
Sacred Heart School - West Des Moines
Sergeant Bluff-Luton CSD
Sioux Center CSD
Sioux Central CSD
Sioux City School District
South Central Calhoun CSD
South Hamilton CSD
South O'Brien CSD
South Page CSD
South Tama County
Southeast Polk Community School District
Southeast Warren CSD
Southeast Webster Grand CSD
Southwest Valley Community School
Spencer Community School District
Spirit Lake CSD
St Albert Secondary School
St Ansgar CSD
St Mary School - Humboldt
St Marys High School - Remsen
St. Vincent Catholic School
State of Iowa
Storm Lake CSD
Turkey Valley CSD
Twin Cedars CSD
Twin Rivers CSD
Urbandale Community School District
Van Buren CSD
Van Meter Comm School District
Van Meter CSD
Waukee Community School District
Waverly-Shell Rock CSD
Webster City CSD
West Bend-Mallard CSD
West Branch CSD
West Burlington Independent School District
West Central CSD
West Delaware County CSD
West Des Moines Community Schools
West Hancock CSD
West Harrison CSD
West Liberty CSD
West Marshall CSD
West Monona CSD
West Sioux CSD
Western Dubuque Community Schools
Winfield-Mt Union CSD
Posted in the last:
Sort Results By:
Openings as of 2/17/2018
West Burlington School District K-12
West Burlington Independent School District
The West Burlington Independent School District has an opening for a Substitute Associates.
- Under the direct supervision of the building principal, to assist certified professional staff with students in the classroom to meet instructional goals and objectives, and to free certified professional employees from non-professional duties such as proctoring study halls to enable them to make a contribution to other aspects of the educational program, such as curriculum development.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists and guides students to reinforce reading, language arts, mathematics, computer instruction, and other skills.
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs.
- Assists professional staff in the administration and correction of classroom exercises, tests and assessments.
- Assists in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
- Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
- Assists students in non-instructional areas, such as supervising the student lunch programs, bus duty, playground duty, corridor, study hall, and other related non-instructional areas.
- Accompanies students on field trips for the purpose of assisting with supervision.
- Constructs, copies and distribute and use educational materials as needed.
- Assists teacher with parent contact as requested to foster effective and participatory parent involvement in student education.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students, including those with disabilities or other special needs.
- Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
- Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Email To A Friend
Postings current as of 2/17/2018 1:33:56 PM CST.
Powered by Aspex Solutions - AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions -
You can also view
Iowa teaching jobs
at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs - all from AppliTrack school districts.
FMLA regulations require all employers to post the
updated FMLA notice
Click here to view the Job Postings.
Powered by applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education.
Employer Sign Up