Openings as of 6/23/2018Transportation
The Pleasantville Community School District anticipates hiring the following position for the 2018-2019 school year:
Bus Driver (regular route driver, M-F) + possibility of additional paid activity routes available
415 Jones Street
Pleasantville, IA 50225
Position Title: Bus Driver
Posses Chauffeur’s Drivers License (CDL) with passenger and school bus endorsements and self certify every time a driver’s license is renewed.
Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) yearly school bus driver authorization card from the Department of Education.
Has an acceptable driving record and a thorough knowledge of traffic laws and school bus regulations.
Able to pass a DOT physical examination every two years as required by State of Iowa law as well as a pre-employment drug test.
Must be physically capable of operating a school bus, bus safety equipment, and in providing assistance to passengers in evacuations and in the performance of other duties required by a school bus driver.
New drivers must complete the New Driver Class on-line and a 3 hour face-to-face class within 6 months of obtaining their Class B CDL.
Drivers must complete an approved 3 hour training class every year after the initial six month training.
Must clear criminal and child abuse background check.
High school diploma or equivalent required, training commensurate with position desired.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Preferred experience in transportation services or related experience.
Reports to: Transportation Supervisor
Position Goal: To transport students to and from attendance centers in the safest and most efficient manner.
Interacts positively with staff and students.
Displays a positive attitude.
Responds appropriately to, and acts on, constructive feedback.
Drives according to state laws and school district policies and regulations.
Conducts pre-trip inspection of assigned bus and maintains condition of interior.
Responds to emergency situations in accordance with school district procedures.
Supervises and maintains order and control according to school district policy.
Satisfactorily completes required training programs and maintains appropriate certification as required by law.
Completes all required reports on time and in the manner prescribed.
Makes parent contact prior to start of school year and maintains com
munication with students, parents, and school staff.
Maintains a consistent time schedule and reports any changes to the supervisor of transportation.
Ensures bus is properly fueled, oil levels are maintained and any other operational needs are addressed prior to starting any run.
Performs duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Demonstrates punctuality and regular attendance
Adheres to school and district policy and procedures.
Completes essential in-service training (e.g. blood borne pathogens, Chapter 103, etc.) and utilizes those procedures during the course of work.
Attends all meetings called by the supervisor of transportation.
Maintains confidentiality and communicates needs/concerns with supervisor.
Maintains appropriate appearance and attire for the school environment.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervising teacher or building principal.
Terms of Employment: Wage and work year to be established in accordance with provisions of the Comprehensive Agreement.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Comprehensive Agreement.
Physical Requirements: Bending, carrying, climbing, travel between job sites, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, operating a school bus and assisting students with bus evacuation.
Working Conditions: Includes extremes of temperature and humidity. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases. Driving in various weather conditions.
The statement contained herein describes the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by a negotiated contract.
Any employee not covered by a negotiated contract agreement is an “at-will”
employee. Either the school district or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. The school district can define the number of days notice required of a terminating employee.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
It is the policy of the Winterset Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district's Equity Coordinator, 110 West Washington, Winterset Iowa, (515) 462-2718
A signed copy of this job description will be placed in the employee’s personnel file.
Signature of Supervisor____________________________________Date____________
Signature of Employee_____________________________________Date____________
JOB DESCRIPTION We are seeking school bus drivers to transport children to and from school each day on established routes. Additional extracurricular runs (sports and field trips) and charter work may also be available. Typical runs are morning and afternoon. Route pay $43 per route, twice daily. Activity pay $14.75 per hour.
This is a great job for stay at home Parents, Retirees and College Students looking for extra income. Experienced bus drivers that have a CDL with P and S endorsements are preferred, but we will also provide free training for good drivers without school bus experience.
Candidates will need have a clean driving record, and be able to pass a DOT physical, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
WE ARE HIRING @ $17.31/hr! Cedar Rapids Prairie/College Community School District is seeking school bus drivers for the 2017-18 school year. We are looking for responsible and mature candidates who enjoy working with children to join our team! Please see the information listed to apply. Cedar Rapids Prairie College Community School District School Bus Drivers and School Bus Aides PART TIME Approximately 20-30 hours per week $17.31/hr bus drivers and $15.42/hr bus aides Paid training and holidays Confidential criminal history and drug testing are required Must have acceptable driving record Contact the Transportation Department at 848-5204 for further information or apply in person at the Transportation Department on campus. E.O.E.
Performance Responsibilities: 1. Obey all traffic laws. 2. Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses. 3. Maintain discipline when students are on the bus. 4. Report undisciplined students to the proper authority. 5. Keep assigned bus clean. 6. Keep to assigned schedule. 7. Check bus before each operation for mechanical defects. 8. Notify the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness. 9. Discharge students only at authorized stops. 10. Exercise responsible leadership when on out-of-district trips. 11. Transport only authorized students. 12. Report all accidents and complete required reports. 13. Enforce regulations against smoking on the bus. 14. Demonstrate organization and professionalism in fulfilling the responsibilities of the job. 15. Greet all students, faculty, staff, and visitors courteously. 16. Maintain a positive rapport with students, staff, parents, and the community. 17. Cooperate with and work in a courteous manner with co-workers and other personnel. 18. Dress appropriately for the position and work required. 19. Demonstrate a positive attitude toward school, students, and job and communicate the same to the community. 20. Accept constructive criticism and suggestions and seek to improve each performance responsibility. 21. Maintain confidentiality in the school operation. 22. Adhere to applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations, board policies and administrative rules. The Boyden-Hull Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The Marshalltown Community School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital status or socioeconomic status. The district is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer.
If you are currently an active sub for MCSD, you do NOT need to re-apply. The Muscatine Community School District is an Equal OpportunityEmployer. Applications now being taken for the 2017-2018 school year.
Bus Driver (Route 23)
2018-2019 School Year
CDL with airbrake endorsement, passenger endorsement, and school bus endorsement.
All applications must be completed online through our district website: www.clearlakeschools.org >Careers Portal
Job Title: Substitute School Bus Driver
Reports to: Director of Transportation/Bus Mechanic
Supervises: Children on assigned route
Basic Function: To transport school children in a safe and timely manner.
The following performance responsibilities are in addition to or comply with Board Policy 303.5.
10. Exercise responsible leadership when on out-of-district trips.
11. Transport only authorized students.
12. Report all accidents and complete required reports.
13. Demonstrate organization and professionalism in fulfilling the responsibilities of the job.
14. Greet all students, faculty, staff, and visitors courteously.
15. Maintain a positive rapport with students, staff, parents, and the community.
16. Cooperate with and work in a courteous manner with co-workers and other personnel.
17. Dress appropriately for the position and work required.
18. Demonstrate a positive attitude toward school, students, and job and communicate the same to the community.
19. Accept constructive criticism and suggestions and seek to improve each performance responsibility.
20. Maintain confidentiality in the school operation.
21. Adhere to applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations, board policies and administrative rules.
22. Attends STOP training sessions as provided by the state to retain Iowa school bus driver permit as issued by the State Department of Education.
NORTH POLK COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
ALLEMAN, IOWA 50007
Job Title: School Bus Driver
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES CONTINUED:
23. Attends in-service classes or training sessions, as set forth by the Superintendent or Director of Transportation, or State Department of Education.
24. Assists with school bus inspections as required by the Director of Transportation.
25. Is responsible for the fueling of the bus, documenting the fuel used and bus miles on the appropriate forms.
26. Gives one day (minimum) of written notice on the appropriate form if not able to take his/her route or any trip that has been assigned, not including sickness or emergencies.
27. Does not make any alterations in routes without prior authorization by the Director of Transportation (excluding life-threatening emergency situations).
28. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a Class B CDL with air brake, passenger and school bus endorsement and/or be eligible for a school permit.
2. Must have the ability to interact effectively and appropriately with children and parents.
3. Must be available to attend appropriate training and staff development.
4. Must obtain an annual required school bus driver’s physical.
Physical Requirements: Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
Lewis Central Community Schools is looking for Bus Drivers for the 2017-2018 School Year. This is a part-time part-year position running from mid August to early June but opportunities for working throughout the summer are available. Drivers are guaranteed a minimum of 5 hours of pay per day. It is not mandatory that you have your license before applying. Please contact our transportation office regarding questions about help with getting your licensing - 712-366-8207. Training offered and preferred over summer months. Job Title: Bus Driver
Reports to: Director of Operations
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations performs work as directed.
Terms of Employment:
Terms of contract, salary and work year to be established by the Board
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel.
EDDYVILLE-BLAKESBURG-FREMONT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR BUS DRIVER
Job Description: To maintain a smooth and efficient transportation system for the District, act in place of the Director when necessary and keep the District’s automobiles and buses in a state of operating excellence so that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational program.
1. Highschooldiploma or General Equivalency Diploma/HiSET (High School Equivalency Test).
2. Hold an Iowa School Bus Driver permit.
2. Pass pre-employment drug screening and record check.
3. A good driving record
4. Comply with random drug and alcohol testing.
5. Knowledge in the use of emergency equipment on a school bus.
6. Three to five years of previous school bus driving experience. (preferred)
7. First Aid Certification. (preferred)
Responsible To: Transportation Director- Superintendent to coincide with chain of command.
Performance Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Provide transportation in accordance with District policy and procedure as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations.
2. Obey all traffic laws and mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
3. Assure students get on and off school bus in orderly fashion.
4. Check bus before each operation for mechanical defects using pre-trip inspection form; notify Transportation Director or designee of mechanical concerns.
5. Maintain student discipline.
6. Keep to written route and time schedule.
7. Transport only authorized students and staff.
8. Participate in all training pertaining to the job.
9. Report all accidents immediately to the Transportation Director or designee.
10. Participate in all required drug and alcohol testing.
11. Have reliable attendance and punctuality.
12. Ability to operate vehicles during inclement weather.
13. Fuel bus and record necessary related information.
14. Keep bus clean inside and out.
15. Maintain a positive rapport with students, staff, parents and community members.
16. Maintain confidentiality in the school operation.
17. Keep busy throughout work shift using time wisely and completing tasks in a timely fashion.
18. Inspect tires and oil prior to the operation of the bus each day.
19. Arrive at the bus garage ten (10) minutes prior to departure time.
20. Initiate paper work to the Transportation Director of any discipline problem that is a school safety rule violation.
21. Participate in school bus safety rules.
22. Report all accidents regardless of how minor they might seem. File a complete report. The bus driver is responsible for student safety from the time students get on the bus until the students get to school or are returned home.
23. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 100 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
2. Ability to sit in one position for a prolonged period of time.
3. Must have manual dexterity to operate and handle equipment related to all aspects of maintenance or custodial tasks in a way that ensures safety while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, talk or hear, taste or smell, walk and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate tools or controls.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
2. Must have ability to tolerate chemicals in commercial strength detergents and cleaning solutions.
Terms of Employment: Days of service as specified in contract language. Salary established by the Board.
 The statements contained herein describe the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job unless restricted by a negotiated contract.
SUPPORT STAFF HIRING EVENT - Monday, July 23, 2018 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Educational Leadership and Support Center. Stop by and see what we have to offer! Overview:
Provide safe & orderly transportation for students
Evacuation of School Bus in case of emergency
Safety pre-check of assigned equipment
Accurate completion of all required reports
Communicate with appropriate personnel safety concerns
Operate two-way radio
Attend required State and District Safety classes and meetings
PREPARATION, EXPERIENCE SKILLS
Knowledge of Cedar Rapids area
Ability to work independently
Ability to get along with others
Must have or obtain a Type B Commercial Driver’s
License with all applicable endorsements
Ability to pass DOT physical and obtain Medical Certificate
Driving record satisfactory to the District and the District’s carrier
Must pass pre-employment drug screen
Must clear criminal background check
Familiarity of accident procedures
Physically able to operate any equipment assigned to meet needs
Must be able to pass the Physical Capacity Profile tests
Able to meet the physical demands of duties: standing, walking, lifting, climbing
Able to physically evacuate students in case of emergency (may involve lifting or carrying students)
Good oral and written skills
Ability to perform job tasks with minimum supervision
Ability to adjust work hours to meet the needs of the
Department and the District
School Bus Driver
2 ½ hour guarantee per route
Nine (9) months
Compensation in accordance with work agreement
New applicants to the district must go online and complete a general job application and apply for the bus driver posting.
Human Resources Department 2500 Edgewood Road NW Cedar Rapids IA 52404-1015 (319) 558-3953
Qualification: REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to solve problems effectively. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, colleagues, community members, staff and students. Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel objects, squat, stoop, kneel, reach above the head, and push/pull or lift/move heavy objects. The following list of critical demands is representative but not all-inclusive of the job. Load/unload wheelchair with passengers. Physically be able to assist in evacuating students in case of a emergency.
The employee will move, stand, squat on an assortment of surfaces including tile, wood, terrazzo, and concrete. The employee will be required to work outside during hot or cold weather, rain snow, sleet and icy conditions while performing their duties. The employee will stand and move on surfaces that are damp.
Employee may be required to lift and move 75 lbs up to 50 feet. Employee may be required to reposition equipment such as wheelchair with a 160 lb. load.
The job may require exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally. Required Education Level: GED High School diploma Required Skill Sets: (All listed items are required to qualify for this position.) Additional/Optional Skill Sets: (All listed items are optional and not required to qualify for this position.) Hiring Manager: Scott Wing and Ray Gongwer HR Staff: Melissa Sawatzky Salary and Benefit Salary: Hourly Benefit: Standard Employee Benefit Salary Range: $18.11 per hour Name: Scott Wing Title: Manager of Transportation City: Cedar Rapids E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org State: IA Phone: 319-558-3514