Openings as of 4/1/2020Non Certified
Title: SPED Teacher Assistant
MDE Code 801003
Qualifications: Teacher assistants/paraprofessionals must have AT LEAST one of the following three qualifications: Completed at least 2 years of study (48 semester hours) at an institution of higher learning; OR Obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree; OR Passed the ACT Work Keys Test at Silver Level or higher
Classroom teacher and School Principal
To help implement students' IEP and assist students with the appropriate curriculum activities to increase student achievement in the area
of specific goals.
1. Participates in daily and long range lesson and classroom activity planning.
2.Conducts learning exercises with small groups of students.
3. Guides students in appropriate intellectual and social activities.
4. Alerts the teacher to special needs of individual students.
5. Provides proper supervision to students as necessary.
6. Fosters appropriate behavior in students.
7. Assists with maintaining a safe, neat and orderly environment.
8. Collects and displays suitable material for educational displays.
9. Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material and skills based on a sympathetic
understanding of the individual needs of students, their interest, and abilities.
10. Operates and cares for equipment used in the school and classroom for instructional purposes.
11. Assists with large group work such as drill work, reading aloud, and story telling.
12. Assists students in the library and / or computer lab setting.
13. Collects and records collection of money.
14. Assists students with proper hygiene as needed.
15. Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is
expected of licensed teachers.
16. Participates in professional development activities as required by the supervisor.
17. Promotes a positive image of the school, its staff, and community.
18. Models good reading, writing, and speaking skills.
19. Attends parent conferences as needed.
20. Performs other such tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the supervisor may from time to
time assign. 21. Help implement student IEP's. 22. Any other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
Starting salary $14,328 187 days at 7.5 hours/day
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on
Evaluation of Non-certified Personnel.
Title: Teacher Assistant MDE Code 801003 Qualifications: Teacher assistants/paraprofessionals must have AT LEAST one of the following three qualifications: 1. Completed at least 2 years of study (48 semester hours) at an institution of higher learning; OR 2. Obtained an associate's (or higher) degree; OR 3. Scored Silver or higher on the ACT Work Keys Test