Openings as of 7/22/2018Business/Clerical
Human Resources Benefits Coordinator
12 months, Grade 24
$16.67 - $18.77
Tolleson Union High School District #214 Benefits Coordinator _____________________________________________________________________________________ Summary: Maintains information and administers all Employee Benefits Programs including but not limited to health insurance, Medical claims, flexible spending accounts, and COBRA. Responsible for presenting information to all active and retired District employees; investigation of and resolving problems between employees and insurance carriers and/or workers compensation carriers; conducting group and individual benefit orientation meetings. Essential Functions:
Hourly salary range: $15.80 to $17.79
Contract months: 10
Salary Grade: 21
Hours per day: 8
The job of CTE Student Support Services is done for the purpose(s) of providing support for student services for the Career & Technical Education Division by supporting the district, CTE, and sites with meeting Perkins goals relating to student achievement, CTSO's, AZ Tech Prep, student assessment, data reporting and Program of Studies. Individual working in this position will perform duties and tasks related to the Career and Technical Education Division.
• Knowledge of general office operations and records and database management.
• Knowledge of spreadsheets, including managing tables with functions of sorting, subtotals, conditional statements, and use of formulas.
• Knowledge of the principles of Business English, grammar, spelling, and preparation of correspondence.
• Skill in creating, preparing, and managing a variety of documents for distribution.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, and others having business with the school district.
• Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of hardware, software applications, and peripheral office equipment.
• A high school diploma or GED and two(2)years of experience in a professional office or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education (including internships and/or work-based learning) from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
• Ability to develop and evaluate academic and fiscal solutions based upon a variety of best available data sources.
• Ability to conduct data driven decision making & evaluation.
• May be required to work outside normal working hours.
• May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
• Experience in training adult learners preferred.
• Must be able to type using tough typing method.
• Must be able to use 10-key pad and/or electronic calculator.
• Must be willing to obtain additional training for job requirements.
• Must pass the District basic skills and typing test.
Duties and Responsibilities
• This position reports directly to the Coordinator for Career & Technical Education.
• Analyze career development and reporting data in order to evaluate CTE .
• Maintain records on State Performance Measures, enrollment data, placement/follow up data, and other information required by ADE.
• Desegregate data to ensure program compliance with federal and state regulations for CTE Performance Measures and Programs of Study.
• Dissect economic and employment data to forecast impact on CTE programs.
• Generate and manage CTE student master list with demographic information that includes special needs and free and reduced lunch status for enrollment reports, as mandated by CTE grants.
• Compile and prepare various CTE forms, files, reports, and records from a variety of reference sources.
• Dissect CTE student state assessment results and analyze results of program compliance to Performance Measures based on the results.
• Assist in the accurate identification and monitoring of students enrolled in CTE.
• Monitor and maintain Course Sequence, Notice of Intent, and other required CTE documents.
• Assist in monitoring and training CTSO sponsors to ensure compliance with grant stipulations.
• Support CTE teachers in developing Perkins mandated Program of Study and articulating with various post-secondary institutions.
• Performs others duties as may be assigned.
• Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; and some fine finger dexterity. The job is performed in a somewhat clean and healthy environment.
Responsible to: CTE Coordinator
This position's funding is authorized on an annual basis through a federal grant. Continued funding is not guaranteed each fiscal year.