Openings as of 12/13/2017Student Support Services
The West Hartford Public Schools is accepting applications for substitute school nurses. Experience preferred.
Excellent per diem rate and working conditions.
Duties: Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide nursing services to students and the school community as needed
• Provide leadership in health issues in accordance with coordinated school health concept
Requirements: The requirements for this position include the following:
• State of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
• Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
• First Aid and CPR certification
• Previous school nursing/substitute school nursing experience
• Ability to function autonomously within guidelines
• Strong assessment skills, good communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse population
• Familiarity and comfort with computer programs
Please scan onto your application a cover letter, current resume, and two recent letters of recommendation and a copy of your CT license