Openings as of 2/17/2019
Job Description for Taft School District 90 Coaches
“Taft School will create educational opportunities and experiences, through athletics, that will enhance student achievement, student development and school culture”
Under general direction of the Athletic Director, this position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they have the opportunity to achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in their respective sport. Position start date is March 18th, 2019. Necessary Qualifications:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older and clear a criminal background check.
2. Playing experience at the high school or college level and/or coaching experience preferred.
3. Proof of current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
4. Must provide certificate of completion for online concussion training course from the Centers for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov/concussion/headsup/training.
Taft School District 90 recognizes the important role educational athletics plays in the academic success and retention of its students. Therefore, the coach will be expected to:
1. Maintain the highest order of professionalism and display highest level of ethical and moral behavior at all times including building positive relationships with athletes, staff, parents, association; and community. The coach will create a student-centered environment and team culture of success as defined by the district in the national coaching standards.
2. The coach is expected to solicit potential student-athletes through organized recruiting efforts such as distribution of flyers/posters, school announcements, lunch hour sign-up opportunities, and well-advertised open try-outs.
3. Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic, personal responsibility, and competitiveness to all student-athletes. The coach will also enforce district and department behavioral and academic expectations of student-athletes.
4. Engage in academic monitoring with teachers, administrators, and support staff.
5. Supervise student-athletes before, during, and after practices and contests, including in locker rooms, on busses and at all other times. The coach will be at all practices and games on time and not leave until all student-athletes have left.
6. Know how to apply basic first aid, CPR, and use an AED; maintain and utilize an athletic department assigned first aid kit, and complete an incident report for injuries or problems that occur at any athletic practices or games.
7. Execute district and facility emergency protocols.
8. Condition athletes with developmental and age appropriate activities that include endurance, strength, and agility.
9. Conduct practices which place emphasis on the importance of teamwork, skill development, learning rules and strategies, and student-athlete improvement.
10. Communicate and interact with family of school coaches at middle school and elementary levels as a means to foster school pride and program cohesiveness.
11. Attend required professional development events and participate in Taft School District 90 community and fundraising activities that promote athletics.
12. Maintain a current spreadsheet of athletic inventory for the program and be in charge of cleaning, storing, and maintaining all assigned equipment.
13. Follow through on all required paperwork including but not limited to online coaching orientation, rosters, physicals, insurance forms, and parent consent forms.
14. Adhere to all IESA policies, district athletic and national coaching standards at all times.
15. Participate in an end of season performance evaluation which will include self-reflection, and administrator feedback.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Taft School District 90 is looking for multiple Substitute Teachers to work on an as needed basis at Taft School located in Lockport, IL.
Must hold a teaching certificate or substitute teaching certificate in the state of Illinois.
Function of Position:
Assists in the delivery and implementation of the educational program for grades K-8.
Duties of Position:
• Acts as a substitute teacher for the certified teacher as needed
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively with school officials
• Provides learning assistance to alternative school students
• Writes daily students progress report entries
• Identifies student’s needs for additional resources and services under direction of the certified teacher and in cooperation with the administration and staff.
• Makes appropriate service referrals for students under direction of the certified teacher and administration.