We are looking for leaders who are cause driven.
Staff of the YMCA of Springfield, both paid and volunteers, are to uphold our core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring at work and in their personal lives. The programs and facilities are simply tools used to achieve our mission to put Christian principles in to practice to build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Our Cause is to strengthen communities.
Our areas of focus are: Youth Development
Exceptional customer service is expected from all staff.
- Display a friendly, helpful and positive disposition.
- Provide customer service that is thorough, timely, organized and accurate.
- Help ensure the Y is meeting member and participant needs by utilizing good listening skills, attentiveness, objectivity and patience in all situations.
- Place members and participants as the first and highest priority showing kindness and compassion at all times.
- Demonstrates the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility through all daily activities and responsibilities
Job Descriptions: Job Classifications:
A summary is outlined following each position. Seasonal or Short Term
* Position Summary Full Time or Exempt
* Essential Functions Part Time
Full job descriptions are available upon request.
For paid positions, use of the Y facilities is granted to the employee and their children for any position with regularly scheduled shifts per month or session.
In addition to the paid positions listed below, volunteers are needed to make a positive impact on a child's development. Need is not limited to zip codes. All youth benefit from a caring adult role model. Consider volunteering today. Use this link to access a volunteer application or pick up an application at either branch location. http://springfieldymca.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-Springfield-Volunteer-Application-submit.pdf
To establish a complete pre-employment file, please complete the online application. Your application will be retained in active status for one calendar year. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.