It shall be the mission of the Forest Preserve District of Kane County to acquire, hold, and maintain lands within Kane County, which contribute to the preservation of natural and historic resources and habitats, flora and fauna; to restore, restock, protect and preserve such lands for the education, recreation, and pleasure of all its citizens. Our goal is to preserve and restore the nature of Kane County.
The Planning and Operations Department has Seasonal Campground Attendant positions available for the 2020 camping season starting May 1 until the end of October.
Starting Salary Range:
$10.00 per hour.
SUNDAY THRU SATURDAY
A.M. & P.M. SHIFTS AVAILABLE
NO OVERNIGHT SHIFTS
SHIFTS MAY INCLUDE HOLIDAYS
Essential Position Duties & Functions:
- Provide information and answer questions to campers and the public regarding camping and the District preserves.
- Collect fees for camping and dump station use.
- Operate the campground check-in station.
- Monitor camper and campground activities via scheduled inspections on foot or by vehicle.
- Sell firewood to campers.
- Inspecting and cleaning restrooms.
- Inspecting and cleaning grounds.
- Additional duties may include mowing.
Application Procedure: Apply Online Only AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Ability to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions.
- Enthusiastic, courteous, positive attitude and team spirit.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Current and valid driver’s license that is free from suspension or revocation during term of employment; must maintain insurability with the District’s fleet carrier.
- Employment is subject to successful results of a criminal history background investigation and satisfactory completion of a physical and drug screen.